Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When To Call a Podiatrist

Podiatrists are the experts on feet and ankles and should be the first doctor you call when you experience any of the symptoms or pains described in this book.

Podiatrists treat foot and ankle problems for patients of all ages. You should call a podiatrist when you have pain in your feet and ankles. If you notice that there is any change at all to your nails or the skin on your feet and ankles, you should see the "expert" on your feet.

If you have diabetes or poor circulation and you develop any abnormal symptoms you should see us immediately. You are at much greater risk for serious complications. And if you have diabetes you should see us at least once a year whether or not you have symptoms or pain. Regular check ups are a great way to help keep your feet and ankles healthy. Most importantly, you should call us first when you have pain or any issue that affects your feet and ankles.

No comments: